There’s no better way to show your love for someone than cooking for them. Instead of a fancy Valentine’s Dinner, opt for a cozy brunch this year. My love for brunch runs deep, so I am extra excited to share two Valentine’s Day Brunch ideas with you (part 2 coming soon!). For these recipes, I’ve enlisted the help of my sister Ellie, who is a master in the kitchen. Seriously, move over Chrissy Teigen, there’s a new celeb chef in town!
Valentine's Day brunch, open faced egg sandwich
- English Muffins (2 to make a serving for 2)
- black pepper bacon (thick cut)
- 1 small avocado
- clover sprouts, or greens of your choice (I like arugula)
- red pepper flakes
- 2 eggs (to make 2 servings)
How to make:
- cook bacon as desired, pat off grease and set aside
- one way to cook bacon: heat oven to 350 and place bacon on baking sheet lined with parchment paper, cook for 30 minutes, flipping the pan halfway through
- toast the English muffins
- spread avocado on top of toast and season with red pepper flakes to taste
- add greens
- add bacon in a criss cross pattern
- top with your egg cooked to your preference
- *If you like a little extra spice, a sriracha drizzle does the trick!
This egg sandwich is so simple to make and tastes gourmet! Your partner will feel so loved, and have such a full tummy after eating this delicious brunch. To add a sweet Valentine’s touch, serve with some fruit arranged in the shape of a heart (yes, I’m cheesy like that), or add some cute touches like Valentine’s themed napkins, plates, and table decor.