10 year old me is in shock that grown up me actually enjoys eating cauliflower on the reg. Cauliflower is cool kids, and I hope it’s here to stay! While it might seem like a boring or bland vegetable, you really can doctor cauliflower up to be just about anything. Cauliflower is pizza crust these days…who would have thought!?
If you’re like me though, you don’t have all night to grind cauliflower in a food processor, turn it into dough or macaroni noodles. I enjoy the veggie, but I want an easy way to mix it into my meals. So, I started playing around with different seasonings and ways to roast this once arch nemesis of mine, and this is one of the favorites that came out of my kitchen: Honey Roasted Cauliflower. Mmmmm! Say it again, louder for the people in the back…MMMMMM!
When finished, this side dish looks and tastes amazing. The best part…it honestly takes you MINUTES to make and you need minimal ingredients – your pantry is probably already stocked with the ingredients for this easy side dish.
- Head of cauliflower, or if you can find colored cauliflower at your grocery store that’s a great way to add some color to your dinner
- Honey (Organic, Raw Grade A when possible), depending on how much cauliflower you’re making you’ll need around 1- 1 1/2 TBSP.
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat oven to 45o Fahrenheit. We usually make this with a main course like salmon so I’m prepping the oven to cook that as well
- If you have a head of cauliflower, chop into large cube like pieces. Wash and dry.
- In a bowl drizzle the cauliflower pieces with olive oil and stir so that all pieces are coated. Top with salt and pepper to taste.
- Put cauliflower into a baking dish. I use a pie dish because I find it cooks evenly and is easy to clean afterwards.
- Cook cauliflower at 450 for 12 minutes. At 12 minutes take out of oven to drizzle honey overtop the cauliflower. Give the cauliflower a stir and place back in oven for 3-5 more minutes, until cauliflower is tender and you can see it start to brown.