You voted for quick, yummy and easy dinners …now I deliver. This is the first post from my series of quick meals for you guys, called Dinner in a Dash. My goal is to give you quick, healthy, and easy dinners. I’m talking truly easy. I cannot tell you how many times I’ve found a so called “easy” recipe from Pinterest and later that night found myself sweating in the kitchen with strange ingredients at my wits end with said “easy recipe.” It actually makes me really anxious just thinking about it! I’m all for quality and efficiency and that’s what I aim to bring you with these meals. Kicking off the Dinner in a Dash series with is of our favorites: Veggie Tortellini…round of applause for this crowd pleaser. If you are looking for a delicious, healthy, easy dinner – look no more!
From the Grocery:
- frozen tortellini – 1 bag (any kind, but I usually go with a cheese or spinach filled option)
- zucchini – 1
- yellow squash – 1
- *optional* – if you are feeling extra hungry…we like to add green beans. Grab a handful of fresh green beans or a bag of frozen
- Basil – if you don’t use basil on the reg, I recommend picking up one of the Lightly Dried Basil containers by Gormet Garden. You can find this at your supermarket near the salad kits and it will last for 4 weeks!
From the pantry
- *optional* (but necessary in my opinion 😉 ) – minced garlic to taste. I usually add around 1-2 tsp
- Salt + Pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese (again, pick your favorite here but you can’t go wrong with freshly grated)
- Olive oil or your favorite cooking oil
Check out some of my favorite cookbooks and kitchen tools!
How to Make
1. Wash all produce! Chop the zucchini and yellow squash
- If you opted for fresh green beans, wash and trim them… if frozen is more your style cook the green beans per instructions on the bag.
2. Heat 1 TBSP of oil on a skillet
- Add all vegetables and sauté for 5-8 minutes or until you notice
- Add 1/4 cup of water and continue to stir and saute
3. Cook Tortellini
- While veggies are cooking, bring a pot of water to a boil and add tortellini. Tortellini will only need to cook for around 6 minutes. Turn off heat once tortellini has been boiling for 5-6 minutes.
4. Finish it off!
- Add garlic (optional), salt and pepper to taste to the veggies…stir and make sure they all have a nice seasoning to them.
- Add 1/2 TBSP of butter to the veggies OR you can also drizzle some olive oil to give them that nice finish
- Drain the tortellini and combine with the veggies into the skillet
- Give everything a nice toss so the veggies and tortellini are perfectly mixed
- Turn off heat on stove and plate your dish!
- Top your meal with basil and parmesan…and enjoy!
- If you try this out I would love to hear what you think! Tag me, and show me how delicious this turned out using #LTdinnerinadash
- Bonus points: this meal has a lot of flexibility…if you don’t care for any of the veggies I included, switch them out. Need more veggies? Add them in! We recently added cherry tomatoes to this dish (pictured) and man was it worth it – get creative! You can’t go wrong with this flavorful, veggie packed, easy dinner.
*This blog contains affiliate links which means that if you click on the link and make a purchase, I will receive a small percentage. Additionally, items mentioned on this blog may have been provided free of charge. All opinions are entirely my own.*