*this recipe was originally posted in November of 2017, I updated the recipe removing a plant-based meat ingredient and reposted November of 2020*
We are well into the season of tailgates and crockpots (aka my favorite season of food). I follow a *mostly* plant-based diet, and the one thing I find myself missing the most is all the yummy tailgate snacks and dips you might find at a party. Alas, I give you my recipe for vegetarian buffalo dip; a vegetarian version of the fan-favorite “buffalo chicken dip” we all know and have grown to love.
When I first made this dip for my fiancé he could not tell the difference between this stuff and the old version. Actually, we both admittedly like this version better. So break out your flannel, light the pumpkin spice candle, turn that football game on and ENJOY!
- Two bags of riced cauliflower
- Your favorite buffalo sauce. I like The New Primal, Medium Buffalo Sauce – it has zero sugar and is Whole 30 approved!
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 8 oz of Tofutti Cream Cheese – it’s dairy-free and delicious! If you can’t find Tofutti, sub in 2/3 cup of low fat or whipped cream cheese
- 1 TBSP Dried Oregano
- 1/4 C Plain Greek Yogurt
- Pepper to taste
- Naan Bread
- Pretzel Chips
- Your fave veggies!
How to make:
- Preheat oven to 425. Heat up the riced cauliflower per directions (I usually dump into a large microwave-safe bowl and pop the rice in the microwave for about 2 minutes to soften)
- Once heated, if the cauliflower is not already in a large bowl, dump cauliflower into a large mixing bowl and stir in hot sauce to taste. We usually do a little more than half the bottle.
- Stir in your cream cheese, 1 1/2 C shredded cheese, greek yogurt, and dried oregano.
- Add in a dash of pepper and top with remaining shredded cheese
- Transfer dip to oven-safe baking dish. Bake dip for 20 minutes or until the top is melted.
Let the dip cool, and enjoy! We like to cut up fresh veggies and heat some naan bread with this dip. Pretzels are also amazing and oh so dippable.